Reflections from NASA SEWP VI Industry Day
If you're a business looking to thrive in the realm of government contracting, the upcoming NASA SEWP VI RFP (Request for Proposal) is your gateway to success. SEWP VI promises to be a game-changer, introducing exciting opportunities and changes you need to be aware of.
Key Highlights: What You Need to Know
- Estimated Release Date: Expect the RFP to be released on or before March 21, 2024. This provides a 60-day window for proposal preparation.
New Service Categories: Unlike previous SEWP contracts, which were product-based with product-based services, SEWP VI introduces two new service categories. These additions make it more appealing to a broader range of businesses and customers:
- Enterprise IT Products and Services Solutions: This opens a realm of new opportunities, including cloud-based solutions, installation, integration, training, maintenance, and other product-based services.
- IT Professional Services ITC/AV: Encompassing Information Technology, Communications, and Audio/Video Solutions, this category offers strategic solutions such as cloud services, managed services, shared services, and more.
- No Cap on Awards: SEWP VI is committed to inclusivity. The SEWP team evaluates each proposal for Mandatory Relevant Experience, Past Performance, and Mission Suitability (Management and Technical). If you qualify through the four phases of evaluation, you'll receive an award. There is no maximum limit on the number of awards.
Mandatory Relevant Experience: The criteria for Mandatory Relevant Experience Projects (REP) are detailed by category:
- Category B Large Business: Requires a minimum of four Relevant Experience Projects (REPs) with a total value of at least $30 million.
- Category B Small Business: Necessitates a minimum of 3 REPs with a total value of at least $5 million.
- Category C Small Business: Requires a minimum of 3 REPs with a minimum total value of $2 million.
- Category C HUBZone, SDVOSB, EDWOSB: Demands a minimum of 2 REPs with a minimum of $2 million in total value.
- Beware of AI Duplications: SEWP Program Personnel strongly advises against using AI for proposal writing. It's crucial to ensure that your proposals are original and not duplicated or replicated from another source.
- Pricing Post Award: Pricing information will be requested post-award; it won't be part of the initial submission.
- Certifications: To participate, companies must possess a current or in-process ISO 9001:2015 Certification and CMMI Dev or SVC (Level 2). Small businesses receive a special exception with a 12-month window to achieve these certifications after receiving an award.
Preparing for Success in NASA SEWP VI RFP
To position yourself for success in the NASA SEWP VI RFP, take the following steps:
- Register as an Interested Party: Begin by registering as an interested party at https://www.sewp.nasa.gov/sewpvi/. This is your most reliable source for staying up-to-date with the timeline and any changes to the solicitation.
- Understand Your Company's Qualifications: Assess your company's qualifications to determine whether you fall under Categories A, B, or C. Examine the mandatory experience sub-areas to understand how your company aligns. For valuable assistance in selecting and composing projects and past performance references that create maximum impact, turn to rTurner consultants. We specialize in corporate projects that fulfill the mandatory relevant experience requirement and leverage relevant past performance experiences.
- Meet Certification Requirements: Ensure that your company holds a current or in-process ISO 9001:2015 Certification and CMMI Dev or SVC (Level 2). If awarded, you have a 12-month window to achieve these certifications, and rTurner Consultants can guide you through this process.
- Master Proposal Writing: Equip yourself to craft a 30-page Technical Approach and a 10-page Management Approach that closely align with your corporate policies and processes. These sections are critical for your success in the SEWP VI RFP
To succeed in this venture, understand the evaluation process:
- Phase 1: Pass Mandatory Relevant Experience requirements and have a current ISO 9001:2015 certification. Category B and C must also have a current CMMI-Development (CMMI-DEV) or CMMI-Services (CMMI-SVC) Appraisal at Maturity Level 2 or higher. Small businesses can be in process and certify within 12 months of the award.
- Phase 2: Achieve an overall Neutral, Moderate, High, or Very High level of confidence past performance rating.
- Phase 3: Obtain an overall High Confidence rating in Mission Suitability, with High Confidence in both subfactors - Management Approach and Technical Approach.
- Phase 4: Be classified as a responsible source in accordance with FAR 9.104.
- Category A: IT Solutions. Hardware and software products, including cloud-based solutions, installation, integration, testing, training, maintenance, and other product-based services. Similar to current SEWP V –product-based solutions. Both Large and Small businesses are eligible.
- Category B: IT Enterprise-Wide Solutions. Both Large and Small Business tracks. Focused on Agency-wide Strategic Solutions that improve and enhance the Agency’s Enterprise IT infrastructure through methodologies including cloud services; managed services such as computer or printer services; and shared services such as Agency-wide help desk ticketing systems. May have product-based solutions as part of task orders.
- Category C: Small Business track. Focused on IT services that provide a full range of technology services inclusive of custom computer programming services, telecommunication services including network operations, IT, AV, and Communications based engineering and design services, data processing and analysis services, hosting, and related services, IT and network operation and computer facilities, ICT and AV management services, IT consulting and educational services, digital government services, and cybersecurity and security systems services. May include product-based solutions in task orders.
How rTurner Consultants Can Pave Your Way to Success
- Project Selection and Writing: rTurner consultants are experts in assisting you with selecting and writing projects that showcase your expertise. These projects are not just ordinary ones; they are strategic to meet the mandatory relevant experience requirement and highlight your past performance.
- Certifications Made Simple: Achieving certifications can be a significant hurdle, but not with rTurner. Whether you need a current ISO 9001:2015 Certification or CMMI Dev or SVC (Level 2), rTurner Consultants can guide you. Small businesses receive a special exception with a 12-month window to achieve these certifications after being awarded a contract.
- Proposal Guidance: Writing a 30-page Technical Approach and a 10-page Management Approach can be a challenging task. That's where our consultants come in. They'll provide you with expert guidance and suggestions based on your corporate policies and processes, ensuring your proposal stands out.
This is a thrilling opportunity to participate in a growing acquisition and get access to SEWP's vast pool of 35,000 customers. Don't miss your chance to thrive in government contracting with the support of rTurner consultants. Let us help you prepare for this upcoming RFP and secure your position in the world of government contracting. Stay tuned for more updates and insights as we dive deeper into NASA SEWP VI, your gateway to thriving in government contracting.